After 36+ hours of traveling, I finally arrived back home in Miami last night 😷 As most of you know, I was traveling through Bhutan, which was supposed to be a 10-day trip 🇧🇹 On my 7th night there, I received word that the coronavirus had become a pandemic and that India, the first country I had to connect through to get a flight home 🏠 would be closing its borders the next day. A few hours later, the U.S. announced that flights from Europe would be shut down for 30 days. I'd have to fly from India to Qatar, and with fear that travel from the Middle East would be restricted next, I decided to cut my trip short and fly out ASAP.
I traveled to India on March 13th, just in time to get in before the border closed to foreigners. I had a 16-hour connection and then I started the 23-hour journey home.
First, I want to ask everyone to stay calm. We can’t panic. This is not the end of the world, even though it feels like it right now with everything being shut down and everyone being affected financially, if not physically.
Please don’t travel right now if you don’t need to. In case you have to travel, here are some tips you should follow.
1. Try to keep 6+ feet away from everyone. That is the distance the virus can travel through coughs and sneezes.
2. You should wear a mask if you have a cold or cough. If not you don’t need to, but I did because I was a bit paranoid like 95% of the people wearing them.
3. Use Clorox wipes to wipe down your seat, arm rest, tv, table and seat belt.
4. Wash hands for 20 seconds every chance you get. Be sure to clean places people commonly miss, like your thumbs, between your fingers, and around and under your fingernails.
5. Hand sanitizer is a must. Keep a few bottles with you in case you run through them quickly.
6. Once you're home, self-quarantine yourself there for 14 days to be safe. Many of the people spreading the virus are those who are carriers who have no symptoms. I personally never get sick, but for extra precaution, I am staying indoors and not seeing family members outside of my wife and kids.
I am praying for you all. We will get through this together. Stay strong and bunker down 😷 I love you all! ❤️️