TikTok has become one of the most popular social media platforms. Its users and viewers are increasing every day. In 2020, TikTok is the most downloaded non-game application on both App Store and Google Play.
Although TikTok is best known for its fun and creative tools for video editing such as filters and music, it can actually be a good tool to promote business. Huge number of businesses already have their special accounts specifically for using TikTok for business.
What is a TikTok for Business?
TikTok for business is designed for content creators (influencers), brands, online stores, and companies. It is loaded with some features that will help TikTok influencers and brand or business owners optimize the content to post on their TikTok business account.
Those features are; ability to run paid ads, option to drive traffic to external websites, and analytics to spot trends in your content (TikTok analytics).
To accurately measure how well your content is, you can use TikTok analytics. TikTok analytics is an in-app feature that lets you measure your video viewers, followers, and other important data that influence how well received each content on your business account is.
By using the data from TikTok analytics, you can therefore build effective strategies on how to promote your product on TikTok.
How to Use TikTok Analytics?
Firstly, you need to convert your account to a TikTok Pro account. This is free to do and allows you to set up your profile as either a business or a creator.
The second step, you need to know the analytics for your entire profile by following these few steps:
- Open the TikTok app.
- Press the Me button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap the three horizontal dots at the top right of the screen.
- Navigate to Creator tools > Analytics
Besides checking your entire profile, you can also check each of your posted videos, here is how:
- Choose any of your posted videos that you want to check,
- Press the three horizontal buttons at the bottom right of the screen,
- Tap the Analytics button at the bottom left of the screen.
You will gather this information from using the TikTok video analytics button;
- How many times your selected video has been played
- The number of likes it has received
- The total comments it has received
- How many times it has been shared
- Its total playtime
- The average watch time
- Sources of the video’s traffic, such as your profile or the For You page
- The number of users who watched your video and their top locations
Strategies to Utilize TikTok Analytics as A Promotion Tools
Information that you get from TikTok video analytics and your whole TikTok account analytics can be utilized effectively to promote your product.
- Based on TikTok analytics data on which video is watched, liked, and shared the most, now you can make promotional video content that will be more effective.
- Posting time is the key. After you make a good promotional video based on the TikTok analytics data, now you know when is the prime time to post the video. This will help your content get the most audience which will boost up your TikTok engagement.
TikTok analytics gives useful information that will help business owners and content creators reach a good TikTok engagement rate. Also, it can give useful insights to business owners or content creators on what kind of videos that their TikTok audiences prefer the most.
Beside that, it can also give information on when is the best time to post your promotional contents. Knowing this will help you to get good TikTok engagement.
This information is very useful to build brand awareness. By utilizing it, you can now promote your product or content more effectively.