Instagram Collabs, the freshest feature that was just launched by Instagram, lets you publish joint posts with other Instagram users. This new feature allows you and other users to collaborate as co-author on both Feed posts and Reels which will give full credit to both users' accounts.
Instagram Collabs could be a game-changer for creators or brands because this feature offers a new way to collaborate on both Feed posts and Reels. Using Instagram Collabs, both accounts are fully credited—the name of the joined authors will appear on the authors' Feeds and or Reels. The posts will share their likes and comments among the authors' accounts.
Instagram Collabs feature is a useful tool for businesses or creators to create and promote content. This article will cover how to use Instagram Collabs, why using Instagram Collabs, and all you need to know about Instagram collabs.
3 Reasons to Start Using Instagram Collabs
The first reason is Instagram Collabs eliminates the necessity to repost the identical content, avoiding duplicate content between collaborated users.
The second reason is Instagram Collabs enhances brand partnership transparency and allows audiences to effortlessly see the other accounts you’re collaborating with.
Last but not least, Instagram Collabs provides an interesting new way for creators, brands, and influencers to join together and share each other’s engaged audiences. This way, Instagram Collabs will help increase your reach since you can gain access to the other author's audiences, which then will allow them to access your Instagram page. This will eventually boost the chance of increasing the number of your followers and levels of interaction that are shared between co-authors.
This fresh feature is easy, beneficial, and creative, but how do you use it?
Collabs are only available on any public account, before you start using Instagram Collabs, make sure your account is not in private mode. This feature, however, does not require any limitations on how many followers you need to have. Here is how to use Instagram Collabs for Reels and Feed Posts
How to use Collabs for Instagram Reels
It is no longer a secret that in social media marketing, video format contents gain more exposure than still images. Moving pictures receive double the percentage of Instagram engagement than other types of content and reels. Using Instagram Collabs, you can double the chance of your reels going viral, you reach lots of views, and your Instagram engagement rate goes up. Here's how to Collabs on Reels;
- Create your reel, you can record new content directly on Instagram or use any content on your gallery/ camera roll. As usual, you can add filters, music, or stickers, after that, click preview to see how it will look.
- Click next to access the settings and caption page.
- The next step is to click “tag people”.
- Click “Tag collaborator” to access the search page. Find the account of your collaborator and select. Keep in mind that only a single collaborator can be tagged.
- Don't forget to select the “Also share to feed”.
- Tap the checkmark to share and invite your collaborator.
- Now, wait until your collaborator accepts the invitation.
How to use Collabs for Instagram Posts
There are other forms of content such as reels and stories, however, feed posts are still thriving, helping brands, creators, and influencers build trust and loyalty. Here is how to use Collabs for a new feed post:
- Start creating your content, you can either take new photos or videos or select from your device's gallery. You can make a carousel post or upload multiple videos, Instagram Collabs will not affect this.
- Add any filters or effects as you wish then edit your content. Click next to get to the caption/settings page.
- After that, click “Tag people”.
- Next, you will be directed to a page that will give you two options. “Tag people” and “Invite collaborators”. Pick “Invite collaborator”. You can also use both options at the same time. It means that you can tag your friends and a collaborator, but keep in mind that you can only tag one collaborator.
- Right on the next page, you can search for an account to collaborate with. After you select the account of your collaborator, tap “done”.
- The last step is to add your desired caption and finally share the post. The collaborator you picked will receive an invitation to their DMs. They will need to accept this for the post to appear on their feed.
Collaborating on Instagram has never been easier. With the introduction of the new “Collabs” feature, users can now share their content with their friends and followers. This feature is available to all Instagram accounts, both personal and business, and it is a great way to expand your reach and increase your Instagram engagement.
To get deeper knowledge about Instagram engagement, we have published related articles about Strategies to Boost Your Instagram Engagement and Instagram Analytics Metrics that You Need to Know.