TikTok is a social media app that lets you share 15-second videos. It has been around for a while but has recently become more popular. TikTok is one of the most popular social media platforms that can be used to boost marketing efforts. The platform is an excellent way to promote a business, product, or service, many brands have already proven how TikTok can increase their brand popularity and sales. This can be achieved if your brand uses it right. Thus, you need a perfectly designed strategy to boost your marketing campaign on TikTok.
Here are some pro tips to boost your marketing using TikTok:
Content-based Marketing on TikTok
TikTok is a social media platform that is powered by creative content. Thus, to utilize TikTok and get the maximum result, you need to consider adding creative content to your marketing strategy. Content-based marketing is a marketing strategy used to attract, engage, and empower an audience by creating and sharing relevant content such as videos and other media. This strategy establishes expertise, promotes brand awareness, and keeps your business top of mind. When it’s done right, this content conveys expertise and makes it clear that the brand values its customers. These are the statistics that might ensure you to incorporating content-based marketing;
- 47% of buyers view 3 to 5 pieces of content before reaching a sales representative.
- 30% higher growth rates are achieved by companies that use content marketing compared to businesses that are not using it.
- 72% of business-to-business (B2B) marketers say content marketing increases TikTok engagement and the number of leads they generate.
The consistent use of content marketing can help you maintain your relationships with your prospective and existing customers. This can be achieved if your TikTok content;
- Use related hashtags
- Hop on trends quickly, for example using trendy and catchy music
- Video length is 9-15 seconds
- Gives strong impacts within 3-5 seconds
Improve Your Brand's Visibility on TikTok Universe
To improve your brand's visibility on TikTok, your content needs to fit the platform. Before you create posts for your TikTok account, try to spend some time reviewing posts to familiarize yourself with these details. Then, give your content some of your company values. These are a few steps that your brand needs to take to improve your brand visibility on TikTok;
- Create campaigns to increase brand awareness. A brand campaign, especially ones that are partnered with TikTok influencers, will boost your TikTok engagement, reach, and brand awareness.
- Engage with your audience, try to listen, and be part of the conversation in the crowd. Do not let your TikTok account become a one-way conversation medium.
- Give the audience a reason to talk about your products or services.
- Empower your audiences, give your audiences different ways to talk and share.
Utilize TikTok Ads
To improve your marketing campaign on TikTok, try to utilize TikTok ads. Most of the best TikTok examples for advertisers use a hashtag challenge as part of their campaign. Branded hashtag challenges are organized to boost brand awareness and improve engagement. This way, when a TikTok user taps on a hashtag, it takes them to the brand’s landing page and shows other curated videos featuring the same hashtag. To get the maximum results, your TikTok ads need to;
- Be original
- Be authentic and consistent with your brand identity
- Involve user participation
It’s also important to partner up with established TikTok creators to make sure ads can reach an already existing target audience.
Don't Forget The Key of Marketing: Problem Solver
The key to marketing that every marketer needs to use is to be a problem solver. You need to find out about their pain points, challenges, and questions to give you the best chance of engaging with them. Good TikTok content at the awareness stage should be educational, how-to advice. Keep your selling for the consideration and closing phases.
- Your audiences need to see a message that revolves around solving their problems. It should be clear and concise so that they have little doubts as to how you can help them.
- Be educational and informative in your TikTok content.
- Be helpful with the content you create. Although it doesn’t directly discuss your products or services.
- Providing actionable advice can go a long way.
Find Out How TikTok Algorithm Works
TikTok describes that strong indicators of interest are whether TikTok users watch a video from start to finish, like, comment, and share. Weak indicators of interest include whether the content creator and the viewer are in the same country or time zone. Both these indicators of interest help TikTok rank the videos on a user’s For You Page.
Different from other social media platforms, follower numbers and previous video engagement doesn’t directly influence the recommendation system of the TikTok algorithm. Therefore, any video has the chance to go viral if you utilize the TikTok algorithm to your objectives.
TikTok is constantly assessing indicators of interest to push certain videos to For You Pages, here are 6 ways to hack the algorithm with your TikTok;
Use TikTok analytics tools to understand which content works better. This way, you can evaluate your TikTok marketing campaign.
- Hook your audience within seconds.
- Focus on a niche for your brand
- Use a trending audio
- Experiment with new features
- Create easily accessible content
- Post your videos at a peak engagement time