Before creating content in your Instagram account, there are several strategies that you must follow. In order to attract viewers, you must understand Instagram engagement. After that, you should learn what to publish, when to publish, and how often?
After reading this article, you will know several strategies to create high-quality Instagram content.
Know What to Post on Instagram
Review your content, and check on the best post with the highest conversion or best performance. After that, analyze what kind of posts have better Instagram engagement.
Review the Instagram engagement according to:
- Type of content
- Number of saves and shares
- Bio link clicks
Review your Instagram content performance
Analyze your feed, stories, Live, IGTV, and Reels. Create all of them and then check on the metrics to see your best three posts. The result will give you an idea of what kind of content that your audience would like to see in your Instagram.
Carousel posts can boost your Instagram engagement. Make sure to give extra attention to the first photo and don’t forget to write “swipe left” to remind your audience.
Tips for your Instagram feed posts:
- Ask your team – create a carousel post with your team and publish them.
- Give insights – Share your expertise or discovery with your community.
- Giveaway voucher or discount code – Share vouchers and ask your followers to order something.
Instagram Stories provides a lot of stickers, polls, GIFs, music, etc. that you can use. Be as creative as you can to promote your products or services.
Tips for your Instagram Stories posts:
- Behind-the-scene – creating a sneak peek to promote an upcoming product or service will make them feel special and intimate because they have special privileges that other buyers don’t have. Also, creating videos about your office or workers can give them a piece of brief information about your brand.
- Service/Product highlights – Create Q & A highlights about your products, so when someone asks them, you can refer them to read your highlights.
- Create educational posts with Instagram influencers – webinars, DIY videos, or short videos are proven to boost your Instagram engagement.
Instagram Live Streaming
Use Instagram Live Streaming to build an intimate connection with your audience. Cooperate with Instagram influencers and ask them to invite the audience to ask questions or share promo codes during live streaming. Also, remind them to check your IGTV to see your saved live streaming.
Tips for your Instagram Live Streaming:
- Promote a new product or service
- Product tutorial: How to use your product or service
- Host a Q & A session with your followers
- Invite guests and interview them using the ‘add a friend’ feature
Another strategy to increase your Instagram engagement is IGTV. You can cooperate with micro or macro Instagram influencers to create IGTV.
Tips for your IGTV:
- Educational videos
- Repurpose older videos
- Summarize Podcast episodes
- Explain something
Use Instagram Reels to create 15-second videos with music, text, and filters within the app.
Tips for your Instagram Reels:
- Tell your story
- Show a behind and after
- Offer tips and tricks
- Hop on a popular trend
Review the number of saves and shares
The other strategy to analyze your Instagram performance is the number of saves and shares. This number will help you to decide what kind of post your followers would like to see on your Instagram.
Review Instagram bio link clicks
When someone visits your profile, they will check your post and also your bio. You can include your site, blog, podcast, or online shop.
Tips to see the number of clicks:
Navigate to Insights -> Accounts Reached.
This feature allows you to discover what type of content your followers would like to see on your Instagram.
When to Post on Instagram
In general, lunchtime or evenings, after working hours are the best times to post content on Instagram.
Tips to analyze your golden hour to post your content:
- Check your top time zones and see when your followers are online – native analytics app provides these insights
- Try to post at different times and track your progress.
- Review when your competitors post their content.
- Keep an eye on your industry behavior.
Hashtags are keywords that are used to help your audience identify your brand quickly. Knowing which hashtags to use can help you to increase your Instagram engagement. When you use a hashtag, it is based on the product you recommend, the community that you target, and also how you identify your product, services, or places.
Here are several types of hashtags that you can use:
- General hashtags
- Branded hashtags
- Niche hashtags
- Community-related hashtags
- Location hashtags
Two ways to track the performance of your hashtags:
- Use analytics tools to track your branded hashtags.
- Use the Instagram native insights - available for business accounts.
Analyze The Length of Your Caption
Some indicators that help you to know the best caption length for your posts are:
- Distribution of comments
- Distribution of likes
Please note that most users will scroll over your Instagram feed very fast. Make sure that it is not too long or too short. Put all the important messages in the first three lines, and make sure that your caption attracts the users’ attention and encourages them to take action.
Review Your Competitors’ Instagram Content Strategy
To be a pioneer in your industry and improve your brand awareness, make sure you have a benchmark and analyze your industry. Track 2 or 3 competitors in your industry when you create your strategy.
Here are the two types of competitors that you have to consider:
- The group connected to the brand’s top competitors or they may affect your annual revenue
- The other group of competitors participates in the aspirational competitors or the brands you have been looking up to.
Have you followed these steps before? If not, it is the best time to apply these strategies to be a pioneer in your industry. Review and track your Instagram engagement performance weekly or monthly and set up benchmarks for your business.